DOES RUNNING REALLY BURN FAT?
How to lose weight is one of the most pressing health questions for many people.
People gain weight by consuming more energy than they burn, so consuming fewer calories, or energy, can help. However, other factors play a role, such as genetic factors, metabolism, hormones, the type of food you eat, your body type, and lifestyle.
This article will review reasons to lose weight, the most effective methods, and medical interventions.
There are many reasons for losing weight:
- Appearance: Some people may feel that if they lose weight, they will look more attractive, fitter, or healthier.
- Confidence and body image: Some people with excess weight or obesity may feel uncomfortable about their appearance.
- Overall health: Maintaining an appropriate weight can help to boost overall health and prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
- Specific conditions: Symptoms of sleep apnea or type 2 diabetes, for example, may improve or go away when a person loses excess weight.
- Fitness: A weight-loss program that involves exercise can leave a person feeling fitter, with more energy and stamina.
- Sports competitions: In some sports, such as boxing, an individual may seek to control their weight to stay in their existing weight category.
- Fertility: Fertility treatment appears to be more effectiveTrusted Source in women with obesity and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) if they lose some weight before treatment.